POSITION: JUNIOR CONSULTANT – COMMUNICATION
The Junior Communications Consultant will be responsible for supporting the work of a Senior Consultant in stakeholder communications. The successful applicant will be involved in the design of communication strategies/materials and support the subsequent execution of these workstreams. Areas of focus will be the production of presentations and reports, including graphic design and content copywriting.
We offer excellent development prospects, enjoy diverse intellectual challenges, and value work-life balance.
We are looking for a candidate with the ability and drive to grow professionally. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to progress rapidly and take on as much responsibility as possible.
It is preferred that the candidate resides in Belgium, so that regular trips to our office in Antwerp are practical (easily accessible by public transport).
The role is pre-dominantly internal facing although there may be more client engagement over time.
The working language is British English. The start date for the position is as soon as possible.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Graphic design and layout (production)Design and produce high quality and innovative communication materials including PowerPoint presentation, reports, flyers, infographics, posters, invitations etc
• Conceptualise, design, and develop animation videos and graphics (short videos, GIF)
• Support senior consultants with production activities, incl. photo searching, applying graphic charter, layout of documents etc
- Content development, drafting and copywriting
• Develop, write and edit communication materials, including documents, presentations, emails, and press releases
• Work with senior consultants and/or partners to conceptualise and implement communication strategies and campaigns
• Provide input on development of communication strategies
• Ensure that all communication materials align with company’s writing style
- Project management and events
• Support the senior consultant in coordinating the organisation and delivery of communications events
• Project management of specific event or communication activities
- Digital communication and IT management
• Support the senior consultant in the development and management of Gemdax and/or its clients’ communication channels i.e. website and social media
• Provide input on Gemdax and client digital communication strategies
• Perform maintenance for Gemdax’s network and computers
Required qualification and competencies
• English native-speaker or has an excellent professional written and spoken English skill
• Ability to produce and write effectively to tight deadlines
• At least 2-3 years previous working experience in visual design and English writing
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn about the diamond industry and its stakeholders
• Willingness to research and experiment with new production software as well as design executions
• Knowledge and experience of relevant software for production of high-quality publications, ready-to-print files and electronic versions for web-posting
• Ability to compose engaging and accurate content
• Willingness to think strategically and identify ways to improve communications
• Work well with others in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment
• Detail oriented with strong organisational skills; effectively prioritise and manage multiple tasks
• Resourceful, able to take initiative
• International work environment. You’ll be part of an international and diverse team and work with multinational clients
• Greater autonomy. You’ll work in a small team where you get autonomy and ability to take on responsibility
• Career development. We’ll help you to learn more about the diamond industry and expand your responsibilities to maximise your potential and growth opportunities within the company
• Competitive salary based on demonstrated skill level and relevant experience
How to apply?
Please send your resume, cover letter and sample work to email@example.com. Your covering letter (maximum one page) should outline your suitability and motivation for the post. Please also include with your application the names and contact details of two people (ideally a current or former line manager or supervisor) who can provide a reference in case you are short-listed for interview.