The Business Analyst role will support senior consultants and partners to deliver Gemdax project work to the highest standard. It is envisaged that the candidate would progress within 6 months to independently manage some projects. Key aspects to the role include:
- Designing analytical methodologies based on project brief
- Desktop research, both quantitative and qualitative
- Data management and warehousing
- Data analysis to identify trends and insights
- Presentation of results, including written reports and producing presentations
Examples of work include development of industry forecasting models; production of stakeholder briefing documents on key topics; development of Excel-based business tools; and research-based analysis of downstream value chain for diamonds.
CHARACTER AND PERSONALITY
We are looking for a candidate, with the ability and drive to grow professionally. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to progress rapidly and take on as much responsibility as possible.
Gemdax has an informal working atmosphere. Consultants often work with limited structured supervision, often in small teams or individually. To succeed in this environment, candidates will require the following characteristics:
- Energetic and self-motivated; able to work efficiently with limited supervision
- Sets high standards for their work, and delivers polished work in a timely fashion
- High attention to detail and methodical in approach
- Willing to take on a variety of tasks, can multi-task and learn quickly
- Some flexibility on working hours, particularly to meet tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills; tolerant and understanding of different cultures
- Stress-resistant, with the ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Due to the nature of the work the position requires individuals that are trustworthy and of high integrity
The working language is English. The position is full-time, based in Antwerp, Belgium. Our offices are easily accessible by public transport. The role entails long-haul travel several times a year.
The start date for the position is as soon as possible.
The package is negotiable, depending on skill level and experience. To apply all applicants should submit a CV and covering letter, in English, to email@example.com. The position is open to applicants currently resident in Belgium. This does not preclude anyone willing to relocate to Belgium. Applicants should be available for interviews in Antwerp.