POSITION: CONSULTING PROJECT MANAGER
Gemdax has been the trusted partner for leaders in the diamond sector for 20 years. The majority of our work is structured around multi-year engagements, allowing us to go beyond classical consultancy and take a long-term view. Much of our work has had major impact, helping shape the industry. The diamond sector is fascinating and exciting, and is undergoing substantial, unprecedented change.
We are looking for a highly talented consultant who is excited and motivated by the challenge of building deep sector knowledge and project leadership in this fast-changing industry. Our approach is hands-on. We are committed to delivering high quality work and adding value to the client experience.
We have presence in Belgium (Antwerp), India (Mumbai), Dubai and Botswana. Our core team is comprised of less than 15 people, making a very close-knit company.
We are a diverse group with different backgrounds united in a common vision; ensuring sustainable success for both us and our clients. We believe in collaboration and teamwork, yet also encourage individual growth. We are committed to developing our people so their career can progress, but we also respect their commitment and interests outside work. We appreciate and embrace diverse backgrounds, attitudes, opinions, and beliefs. Our hiring process and overall philosophy is based on equal opportunity, merit, and business needs.
We work with various industry stakeholders, from mining companies to financial institutions. We are involved in a range of projects varying from supply chain analytics to socially progressive initiatives. Examples include:
- Development of industry forecasting models for global diamond mining companies to inform long-term investment decisions
- Deep-dive research and analytics projects on specific segments of the diamond industry, delivering insights to help clients answer key strategic questions
- Create insightful industry briefing presentations to key stakeholders enabling them to understand important trends and industry developments relevant to their business
- Design and conduct primary research study across global consumer markets to build robust view on consumer attitudes to lab-grown diamond substitutes, and build analytical model to forecast future possible scenarios.
As a Consulting Project Manager, you will work closely with a dynamic team of experienced consultants and be given significant responsibilities early on. You will be expected to take ownership of selected projects, managing the process from proposal development through to deliverable completion. You will be supported by the partners, and expected to collaborate with other team members to ensure timely delivery to a high standard. Deliverables are usually in the forms of high-quality written reports and impactful presentations.
The working language is British English. The position is full-time and is ideally available for our office in Antwerp. Dubai may be considered. There is also an option to work remotely with regular trips to Antwerp and short stays in the city, but this is not preferred.
The start date for the position is as soon as possible.
- A degree or professional training in a numerate or engineering discipline
- Strong analytical experience, including forecasting and modelling
- 5+ years of proven experience in a consulting or analyst position
- Proven experience in project management
- Excellent verbal and written English, native-level
- Ability to develop quantitative methodologies and execute them in Excel
- Demonstrable skill in other Microsoft Office programmes i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Project, Sharepoint
- Strong communication skills, ability to interpret client requirements and suggest solutions
- Strong organisational skills able to effectively multi-task, especially in a smaller company
- The ability to work effectively with limited information and/or supervision
- A “can-do” attitude and self-motivated – driven to understand the business and industry
- Strong attention-to-detail and precision in approach
- Team player – willing to contribute on individual projects or support others with theirs
- Diligent, stress-resistant and flexibility on working hours, particularly to meet tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills; tolerant and understanding of different cultures
- Strong integrity, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Due to the nature of the work, the position requires individuals to build complete trust and confidence through their conduct
- Competitive salary and bonus plan based on demonstrated skills and experience
- Career growth opportunity within the company
- Paid holidays, personal time-off and parental leave
- Lunch, transportation and other allowances
- Option to work remotely with regular visits to our offices in Antwerp or Dubai
- Informal, authentic office environment and international team
- The chance to travel globally and experience different cultures
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit a CV and covering letter, in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open to applicants currently resident in the UK, EU or UAE. Applicants should be available for interviews in Antwerp.